Dr. Shu Li is an associate professor of atmospheric physics and atmospheric environment at Nanjing University. He received his B.S. in atmospheric science from Nanjing University in 2004 and his Ph.D. in atmospheric physics and atmospheric environment from Nanjing University in 2009. He visited the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki for one year under the support of EU 7th Framework Marie Curie Actions IRSES project and engaged in cooperative research. His research focuses on atmospheric chemistry and regional climate change, air pollution and atmospheric environment. He has presided over a project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China and participated in some National Program on Key Basic Research Projects such as 'Aerosol-Cloud-Radiation Feedback Process and Its Interaction with Asian Monsoon'. He has co-authored more than 30 papers in academic journals, and twice won the Second Award of the Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Awards (Science and Technology) in the category of Natural Sciences from the Ministry of Education (ranked seventh and sixth).
|2009||Ph.D in Atmospheric Physics and Atmospheric Environment - Nanjing University|
|2004||B.Sc. in Atmospheric Science - Nanjing University|
|2017 - present||Associate Professor, School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University|
|2009 - 2017||Lecturer, School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University|
Interaction between air quality and climate change
Planning and assessment of atmospheric environment
1. Li, S., T. Wang, X. Huang, X. Pu, M. Li, P. Chen, X. Q. Yang, M. Wang. Impact of East Asian summer monsoon on surface ozone pattern in China, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 2018, 123, 1401-1411, doi:10.1002/2017JD027190.
2. Li, S., T. Wang, P. Zanis, D. Melas, B. Zhuang. Impact of Tropospheric Ozone on Summer Climate in China. J. Meteor. Res., 2018, 32(2), 279-287, doi: 10.1007/s13351-018-7094-x.
3. Li, S., T. Wang, F. Solmon, B. Zhuang, H. Wu, M. Xie, Y. Han, and X. Wang. Impact of aerosols on regional climate in southern and northern China during strong/weak East Asian summer monsoon years, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 2016, 121, 4069–4081, doi:10.1002/2015JD023892.
4. Li, S., T. Wang, M. Xie, Y. Han, B. Zhuang. Observed aerosol optical depth and angstrom exponent in urban area of Nanjing, China, Atmos. Environ., 2015, 123, 350-356.
5. Li, S., T. Wang, B. Zhuang, M. Xie, Y. Han. Spatiotemporal distribution of anthropogenic aerosols in China around 2030. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2019, 138, 2007-2020.
6. Han, P., S. Li, K. Zhao, T. Wang, M. Xie, B. Zhuang, M. Li, C. Liu. Effects of anthropogenic aerosols and sea salt aerosols during a summer precipitation event in the Yangtze River Delta. Atmospheric Research, 2023, 284.
7. Li, S., T. J. Wang, B. Zhuang, Y. Han. Indirect Radiative Forcing and Climatic Effect of the Anthropogenic Nitrate Aerosol on Regional Climate of China. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 2009, 26(3), 543-552.
Awards, Honors, Positions and Services
|2010||Second Award of the Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Awards (Science and Technology) in the category of Natural Sciences from the Ministry of Education (Ranked seventh)|
Second Award of the Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Awards (Science and Technology) in the category of Natural Sciences from the Ministry of Education (Ranked sixth)